Be a part of our Linnaeus Graduate Development Programme!
We have been established for over 25 years and are RCVS accredited in primary care practice for small animals based in Chesterfield and Staveley, Derbyshire.
We cover a range of primary care services across both our practices, as well as having certified vets within Dermatology and Internal Medicine.
We are here to provide a friendly and professional atmosphere for all our colleagues, clients and most importantly our patients. Our passionate and dedicated team at Chapel House are excited to support new graduates in their transition from university to clinical practice.
How you’ll benefit
Linnaeus has already seen a number of graduates progress within the group and we’re always on the look-out for future talent to join us. We are committed to supporting you to develop yourself and your career. You will have the opportunity to share your ideas and help shape our continued commitment to developing new treatments and technological advancements in the industry. You’ll benefit from:
- A 12-month Graduate Development Programme (GDP) aligned with the RCVS VetGDP
- Subsequent 12-month Early Careers Programme (ECP)
- Starting salary from £34,000 with a review at 12 months
- RCVS Membership fees, professional indemnity insurance and an additional membership of choice (BVA or BSAVA) provided
- Graduate roles available throughout the UK.
- Graduate Development Programme (GDP):
- 12 core educational days including an intensive pre-start training camp
- Focus on fundamental primary care clinical and professional skills
- Early Careers Programme (ECP):
- Up to 5 days flexible CPD of your own choice, plus 6 core educational days on more advanced topics
- Flexibility to attend CPD of your own choice
- Graduate specific practical training days
- Additional CPD opportunities outside of the GDP – conference attendance, external CPD, practice visits
- Access to an extensive online resource library with 150+ hours of on-demand content
- Access to exclusive Linnaeus CPD courses free of charge
- In-practice primary mentor and trained VetGDP Adviser
- In-practice secondary mentor
- Peer-to-peer support through GDP networking and social events
- Dedicated graduate contact point within the Linnaeus Central Support Team
- Placement at a supportive practice.
- Permanent contract within Linnaeus Veterinary Limited
- Support to map out your own career journey
- Flexibility to move within the Linnaeus family on graduation